Harper

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Jasper

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Tuesday, March 11, 2008

Rough Pregnancy Day

So I really haven't had any of these yet... But today.... YUCK.

I should have known I was in trouble first thing this morning when Baby Girl Harper felt like she was getting a running start to the left side of my stomach, then jutting out, bouncing back, and doing it all over again. Shortly after I got to work, she decided my ribs were a great spot, and proceeded to play soccer in there. Then she would kick off my ribs and bounce her head off my bladder. THEN, she decided it was a good time to stretch, and would proceed to jab my ribs and smash my bladder, both at the same time!!!

I normally really like it when she's kicking and moving around. It's alien-like, but it's amazing. Today, however, she didn't quit until sometime shortly after NOON. It was a long time. oy.

Around the time she finally went to sleep, I noticed my ankles/feet swelling up like balloons. I normally try not to pay attention to this since there's not much I can do at work except put my feet up on the upside down mail baskets I have stashed under there. But today I wore different shoes. Not bad shoes, mind you. They're completely comfortable under normal circumstances. But today the straps on the sandals just made for a fancy design on my huge feet. Looks like I'll be the fashion trendsetter of the office as usual and will be wearing my Crocs from here on out. I've only got the one pair still, so this weekend I think I'll go get another color to spice up my wardrobe. They're the only shoes roomy enough to allow for that extra swellage.

again... oy.

I came home and laid down on the couch with my feet up as I watched Ellen on my DVR. After about an hour they were down about half their size. I've still got 2 months to go....

1 comment:

Jenny said...

Oh the joys of being pregnant. I can't wait! =]

I just caught up on your last few weeks' posts and wanted to say I absolutely love the bedding you picked out with the dragonflies and ladybugs! Too cute.

Hope you get some relief soon!