Harper

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Jasper

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Thursday, March 6, 2008

30 Week Update

Last week was our 30 week checkup and everything is still looking great! My blood pressure was 120/70 - woo hoo!! I got the results back from my glucose test and my number was 61. I had no idea what this meant, so I asked the dr if that was good. He said "yes, especially since we consider 'normal' to be between 70-90. So if you had 61 AFTER drinking that drink, then I think you're just fine". Weird! But whatever...

I've gained exactly 10 pounds and have only slight swelling. Well, at least in the morning it's only slight... At the end of the day with certain shoes it's scary! My belly measured 31 1/2, so things are definitely leveling off. My next appt is at 32 weeks - time is definitely flying by.

I can definitely tell Harper is growing like a weed in there. Just after I had told a few people that I hadn't felt her in my ribs at all - but that was probably just because I'm long waisted and had a bit of extra room for her in there... the next day her feet are playing soccer up in there!!! For the last week I've had on and off indigestion and reflux because she's decided that's one of her new favorite things to do.

She's still predominantly on my left side, although she does make her way to the middle a lot more often and occasionally over to the right. I have a lot of fun watching my belly jump and shift around, and Jon's even gotten to see that a few times which freaks him out.

Other than a few nights here and there of sleeplessness, I really don't have much to complain about. Normal stretching of ligaments and soreness here and there but doing fine otherwise.

It's getting down to the wire!!!

2 comments:

Krissy said...

I can't believe you've only gained 10 pounds! I don't remember what I was at 30 weeks but I know I was up more than 10 pounds. Great job!

Unknown said...

Harper... love it!
Yes, I agree... 10 pounds is awesome! I'm 25 weeks and I'm up 18 pounds... eeeek!
It sounds like you are having a smooth pregnancy... glad to hear it.
Almost time!