Harper

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Jasper

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Monday, March 10, 2008

Registry Crisis (in my own mind)

**Disclaimer at the bottom of this post**

So it turns out that Target's new return policy even extends to registries. At the beginning of this year, Target started enforcing a new rule that you must provide either a receipt or gift receipt in order to return/exchange something. If you did not, you were only allowed to return/exchange 2 items per calendar year. After that, you're out of luck.

I thought surely this wouldn't apply to purchases made from a registry. If you've registered for it, that's your proof that it was purchased from there, right? Wrong. No longer. Sooooo..... as a result, I've removed most of everything that was on my Target registry and put it on my Babies R Us registry. Babies R Us has a really great return policy and I've just been impressed overall with their customer service in person.

I used to be one of those people who dreaded going into Babies R Us because it was so out of my realm of reality. HOWEVER, I've come over to the dark side/and or seen the light (whichever way you prefer to look at it) and now I love it. They have really competitive prices on MOST things and such a wide variety of brands and options. PLUS, like I mentioned, they have great customer service and all the gear and stuff is right there for you to test out. They're also great about sending out coupons all the time, which of course everyone loves!

I used to be a die hard Target shopper and would go there for everything. I even hang on to most of my reciepts and have never had a problem with their return policy. But I was really disappointed with the lack of access to things there, and with it being such a big store, their focus was definitely not on baby stuff. Don't get me wrong - I've had my frustrations with Babies R Us as well, especially with their items being out of stock online. But they assure me they do get frequent stock that arrives all the time, so not to fret.

Okay, I feel better. I've left a few things on Target that really were better priced or just not available at Babies R Us. I'm not a complete Target-hater. Trust me, I'd still much rather step foot into Target than Walmart ANY day. But for this purpose, I'm definitely much more of a Babies R Us lover now. :)




DISCLAIMER: Please do not read this post as an obvious advertisement for gifts that I'm anticipating being purchased for us, as that is not its intent. I'm merely a pregnant woman who has a lot of things on her mind, and I find that blogging about them really helps. ALSO, I don't plan on returning/exchanging ANY of my gifts that DO happen to be purchased for us. However, in the event that there are duplicates or any other issues, it's nice to know that it wouldn't be a hassle to return. Again, I'm a pregnant woman who is looking for ways to make things in her life just a bit easier and less stressful these days.

Thanks for listening. I am done now.

2 comments:

heather said...

Wise choice! I did get duplicate items and couldn't take them back because most people don't include gift receipts. Also, Targets inventory changes so quickly that the things you register for are usually clearanced out by the time people go shopping the day before your shower! Babies R Us took things back from me that weren't eve from there!

Anonymous said...

I loved the disclaimer, Too funny! I love shopping at Target but I really hate their return policy. I was able to take things that I knew were purchased at Target back to Babies R Us for merchandise credit. :o)