Harper

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Jasper

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Sunday, October 26, 2008

Swimming








Harper loved her first swimming experience. She did sooo well. We put her in the floater for a while to test it out and see how'd she do. Mimi was so excited to have someone sit in her lily pad floater with the flower side up. (In the past they've turned it over for the boys so it's all green - no flowers for them!) We turned on the bubbles for her and I thought she'd be so scared, but she actually loved it- squealed and kicked all around. It was pretty cute to watch.






After a while I took her out of the floater to see how she'd do just letting me hold her. I tested it a bit further when I thought she'd be okay to dunk her. And she did great!! I counted to three the way I always do when I lift her up or put her into the bath, etc... then blew really hard in her face so she'd hold her breath. Then came right up and she just blinked away all the water and then smiled again.



I was really hoping she'd love the water since so much of my childhood involves the water. I've been swimming since before I could walk. I was the first mascot - Glenbrook Guppy! - of our competitive swim team that my brother and sister (and eventually I) swam on. I loved going to swim practice and loved competing in the meets and everything it entailed. Living in Southern California, trips to the beach were a very regular event during the summers. ahhh.. I could go on and on. I really love the water. It's a hard thing to come by where we live now but I really hope I can pass along a thing or two as she grows up.



No comments: