Harper

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Jasper

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Friday, October 10, 2008

6 months old

Harper had her 6 month appointment on 10/7. And, just like before, her Pediatrician is so happy with her growth and development. Here's her stats:

16lbs 8oz (75th percentile)
25 1/2 inches (50th percentile)
And her little noggin finally caught up to the 50th percentile at 16 7/8.

Everything went extremely well. She got her 6 month shots and we also got her the flu shot. She's got to go back in 4 weeks for the second round of the flu shot, but that should be an easy appointment. The Pediatrician also talked to me about trying to continue to nurse her through winter in order to give her the best chance at a healthy first year. I've made it 6 months and never thought it would get here, so I'm going to shoot for a year now - can't believe I'm saying that! It's very tough being a nursing mommy working a full-time job outside of the house. I'm gonna give it my best shot!

We're to introduce a morning solid food meal within the next few weeks which means Grandma and Larissa get the messy experience of feeding her. Should be fun!

She got a little sick from the shots this time, but recovered quite well and it only lasted that day. She'll get more shots at 9 months, then again at 12, then I think there's a break.

So proud of our little girl!

Here's a few pics from her 6-month birthday. We called her Scarface all weekend because she got herself good in her sleep the night before. She's such a happy little baby and such a joy for us.








1 comment:

Stephanie said...

scarface...hehe. I am with you on the nursing. I would love to make it 1 year if my milk stays, but I am happy to have made it so far already. You have done so well considering you work full time too. I don't know how you have kept it up. good job!! :)