Harper

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Jasper

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Friday, October 31, 2008

Harper's First Halloween

I'm not a dress-upper and can't really think of a time I really loved to get dressed up for Halloween. Maybe it was because we had a huge dress up box growing up and we played in it whenever we wanted - Halloween was just like any other day! In any event, I realize I will have to change my ways and get involved in the fun stuff Harper wants to participate in.
But I had at least one more year to do it my way!

We didn't have any real plans today, and our neighborhood is extremely quiet for trick-or-treating, so I couldn't justify getting Harper a $20(+) costume that she'd wear just for a cute pic. I know, I know - I should probably just get over it. But I'm much too practical and cheap, so I plan on going and buying a costume this weekend at 1/2 price for next year. And I already have one in mind.
I did get her a little Halloween outfit that she's worn a few times. Though I think I should've tied a pink bow on to the stem of her pumpkin hat because last weekend she got called "he" more times than I was comfortable with. Oh well.

Tonight we got home and sat in the garage for a while, hoping to hand out candy to a bunch of cute kids. I love seeing THEM in THEIR costumes. :) But we had 2 - count 'em 2 groups of kids. So pathetic. (and we thought last year was slow!) So we called it a night pretty quickly and said goodnight to this year's Halloween. Looking forward to next year and maybe paying a visit to a carnival or Grapevine's Main Street. Not going to plan on being home to hand out candy if this is how it's gonna be.









No comments: