Harper

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Jasper

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Sunday, July 22, 2012

Jon's Mission Trip - Pre-departure

So I'm attempting to document our time while Jon is away.  I know the kids probably won't remember the time that Daddy went on a mission trip to Brazil, so I thought I would do what I could to help us remember what we did and how we felt.  

Jon took a few days off before he left.  He needed to get some last-minute things done, and I took the 2 days off before he left to help him and spend some time with him.  We didn't have many plans (or so I thought), just a movie together and running errands were on our To-do list.  

Tuesday night, we went in the backyard to play some baseball.  





Wednesday morning I got the kids to school while Jon finished up the lawn.  That was on my list of things for him to do before he left.  :)  We had decided to go see Spiderman, so we hit the cheap show - the first one of the day.  We loved it!!  It was a good entertaining movie with no cussing and very little (if any) gore.  It would be a good movie for the kids to see when it comes out on video.  

We went browsing for some last minute things for Jon and had lunch together. Did some more browsing around Target and eventually Jon looked at his watch and said "uhhh.. we need to get going".  What?  We didn't have a schedule and we didn't need to pick the kids up yet.  I eventually got it out of him -- he was taking me away for a night!!!  We needed to get home and pack, pick the kids up, and drop them off at Nana & Papa's house:  We were going to The Gaylord!  I was so shocked - he has never surprised me before.  And honestly I was so glad he had taken care of everything ahead of time, because I would have thought of a million reasons why we "shouldn't" do it.  But since he had everything planned already, I couldn't argue ...  and it was awesome!  

The kids were so excited when we picked them up and told them, so that made things easier.  They love an adventure and spending the night at Nana & Papa's house was sure to be an adventure. 

We made our way to The Gaylord and changed up our initial plans to go to The Glass Cactus, instead choosing to stay at the hotel and eat and walk around there.  The next morning I hung around the room while Jon left to go pick up the kids and drop them off at school.  I LOVED every second of the night and the morning of not having to take care of anyone else!!!  I could just hang out and do what I wanted.  It was awesome!  Jon came back and we hung around a bit more, then checked out and headed to the water park they have on-site.  I had 1 goal in mind: to float down the lazy river!  And I did.  And it was fabulous!!  We found some lounge chairs and I promptly fell asleep to the sounds of waterfalls.  We thoroughly enjoyed our time, even if it did seem a little short.  We left by 1pm so we could go home and take care of a few more things that afternoon.  That overnight trip has caused the Vacation Bug to bite me big time!!  I can't wait to go away with Jon some day!  
















The night before his trip, he read books and gave lots of kisses and cuddles....




And did some wrestling of course!  


We were up late getting everything ready for him, and we knew the next morning was going to come much too early!

No comments: