Harper

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Jasper

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Sunday, July 22, 2012

Day 3 - Sunday

Today we got up and got ready for church.  Getting out of the house on a Sunday morning can be a pretty hectic event in our house.  Thankfully this morning went pretty smoothly despite Daddy not being here! The kids were great and excited to be going to church.  We did leave about 10 minutes late, but that was mostly due to a last-minute potty break requested by Jasper.  I think it was a very vacation-heavy weekend, so I still had plenty of time to get the kids checked in to their preferred classrooms and find myself a seat.  

Before we left for church, Harper made the comment "I wish Daddy was here to go to church with us".  It was said in a very sweet way, not a sad way, so I agreed with her and we were reminded to pray for Daddy and be thankful for the times he is here with us.  

Following church, we stopped at the grocery store so I could pick up a few necessary items for a dessert I have been wanting to make. We got home, I made lunch and got the kids down for a good nap.  I started reading my book (I'm almost done with Catching Fire!) and was overcome with sleep, so I gave in and ended up getting a great nap!  Too good I think.  I woke up completely groggy and feeling horrible.  I'm pretty sure my allergies are acting up... grrr...  With it being so hot outside, Sarge has been digging in the mud outside and of course had brought tons of it inside.  I bribed the kids with a movie to stay in the play room so I could vacuum and mop.  MUCH needed!  

I fixed some dinner and got dessert prepared.  I didn't tell the kids what I was making until their dinner was gone.  

Worms & Dirt!!!  

They loved it!  Well, Harper loved it and Jasper loved the worms.  He is not always a sweets lover and didn't care for the cookies and pudding.  I'm not always convinced he is my son.  





I completely forgot to take pictures of the kids' gifts tonight, but I did videotape the letter.  Harper got a lettering pad where the paper looks just like the papers she uses at school so she can practice her lettering.  Jasper got a new coloring book.  The only bummer about giving them their gifts right before bed is that they want to play with them.  Duh!  I think I will start giving them their gifts at dinner so they have time to enjoy them before bed.  


No comments: