Harper

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Jasper

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Sunday, July 22, 2012

Day 2 - Saturday

Day 2 started out great.  I was feeling pretty groggy after the big day on Friday, but managed to get the kids breakfast and settled in with a movie.  One of their favorite things to do (and mine now) is to watch a movie when they wake up.  It's turned out to be a good transition time for them, and, let's face it -- it gives us more time to wake up too!  I've been having them stay more in the play room so they can feel like they can spread out with their blankets and pillows and things and not have to hear me ask them to clean up their stuff a 100 times per day.  It's working out great!  

We had a 1st birthday party to go to, so once I had cleaned up the house a bit, we got ready and headed out.  It was baseball themed for a sweet little boy in our home group so the kids had lots of friends there.  It was a nice time for them to hang out!  


Harper with the Birthday Boy.  He doesn't look too happy here! 


All the kiddos!

After the kiddos woke up from their nap, I had considered taking them to the splash pad.  But it was 109 outside so....  yeah, that didn't happen.  I knew they were kind of getting bored with watching movies, so I decided to make a fort for them.  They LOVED it and it made me wonder why it took me so long to build one with them!! I always made forts with my brother and sister.  This one was not as dramatic as I used to make, but it was a good first one for them since they don't know the difference.  and the funny thing was -- a movie now seemed really appealing!  So I found a new one on Netflix they hadn't seen yet and set them up with snacks, drinks and the iPad and they were occupied for a good 45 minutes until they started needing to go potty, wanting more snacks and just wanting me in general.  That seemed like a successful adventure!  




We had a small dinner (they weren't too hungry after eating their snacks from the birthday party and the snacks while in the fort) and they looked forward to opening their presents and reading the note from Daddy.  Tonight their bags contained playing cards.  Harper got Bible Heroes, Bible matching and Sight Words to help her with her reading.  Jasper got Noah's Ark, ABC's and Shapes and Colors.  They were very excited and Harper loved going through the Bible Match Game cards and talking about them.


No comments: