Harper

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Jasper

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Wednesday, January 20, 2010

30 Weeks

I'm going every two weeks to the doctor now, so Monday was our latest appointment. 30 weeks! Wow, time has really flown.

Everything looks great with the baby. Plenty of fluid. In fact, I'm measuring at the high end of normal at a 24. The baby had been relatively quiet all day, which I mentioned to the doctor, but he said he was probably just sleepy because he was showing good breathing practice which we could see from his chest moving up and down. Babies in utero obviously don't breathe yet - they receive all they need through the umbilical cord - but they begin to practice for life on the outside. Another example of this is hiccups. So amazing!

He measured right at 32/33 weeks, which isn't much of a growth since last week. Thank goodness! Hopefully he'll slow up a bit and even out. He is currently still breech, too.

We go back again in 2 weeks, and soon after that we begin our weekly appointments. My third trimester ultrasound with Harper was at 34 weeks, so that's kind of the marker we're looking at with this one, should anything decide to take a different turn. Knowing I have so much fluid, he hesitated at having me come back in 2 weeks, but decided to go ahead and have me come in so we could get a good gauge to base my 34-week measurements on.

Oh! And we know his birthday! I was given a couple dates to choose from for the repeat c-section. I was hoping to get it scheduled for a Friday so that he and Harper would both be born on the same weekday. My brother, sister and I were all born on a Tuesday, and I've always liked that symmetry. Of course the choices I was given were a Monday or a Tuesday. hmph. So, it looks like his birthday will be on 3/22! Surreal being able to choose a date.

We got other fantastic news today in relation to my job. What a relief to have our conversion date moved back a couple of weeks. It brings us even closer to c-section date, which helps in me keeping all my benefits for the delivery and maternity leave. Praise God!!!

No comments: