Harper

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Jasper

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Thursday, May 15, 2008

She just keeps growing! (and we're shrinking!)

Today Harper had to get her second round of Hepatitis shots. Unfortunately we were just under the time frame allowed last week, so we couldn't do it when we saw the Dr. We had to make a special trip just for shots - oh yippee!!! She actually did really well! And I didn't freak out either. I think after seeing her in the NICU for those 10 days, and seeing them poke and prod her, it let me know how much she can handle. So a little shot is no biggie. Don't get me wrong - she SCREAMED!! But she was over and done with it within a matter of seconds and all that lingered was a pouty lip.

On to bigger news! Here's her stats as of today:
7lbs, 15oz
20 3/4 inches

That's 13 oz and 3/4 of an inch in one week!!! At this rate she'll be out of her preemie clothes in no time.

In smaller news, we're losing all of the weight Harper is gaining. Since I gave birth, I've lost 30+ pounds. Since I only gained 15 in pregnancy, I'm very happy! Breastfeeding is working wonders.

ANNNDDD.... Jon joined Weight Watchers through work and in one week he lost 12 lbs!!!!! When his coworkers asked him how he did it he said "I dunno! I ate Olive Garden twice!". Too funny. We're very proud of him, and once I don't feel quite so foggy all of the time, I'm going to figure out my points and join him. Although I lost 3 lbs last week just by him being on the program, so it's already working for me too.


Here's a picture of her ouchie spot.

1 comment:

Jenny said...

I'm so happy for you and Jon with your weight loss and for Harper's weight gain. When I saw Jon on Saturday I told Randy he looked like he'd lost some weight. :)