Harper

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Jasper

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Tuesday, May 13, 2008

My First Mother's Day

I had a lovely day on Sunday. I really tried to get a lot of sleep, but it wasn't in the cards, so I got up and spent the morning just hanging out with Harper. When Jon got home from work, he had me open my gifts. He got me a sweet little pink polka-dotted coin purse with Harper's picture on it. I really needed a new one, so this was PERFECT in every way! Inside, he had put a gift card for Old Navy - my favorite!!! I was so excited, but then he pulled out another gift. It was a very sweet poem written by one of our favorite Pastors, that Jon personalized and framed. Of course it made me cry - something Jon is very good at doing, in a good way.

Don and Jane came over for dinner. We had a nice visit and Harper had some good awake time and was great entertainment for us all. They gave me some shopping money (more shopping - WOOHOO!!!) and Don and Harper gave me a new copy of "To Kill a Mockingbird" and a biography on Harper Lee. Can't wait to read it!

Here are some pics. My mom gave me the flowers and balloon before she left. Lilies are of course my favorite flowers, so they are like, the best thing ever. Sitting in front of them now enjoying how beautiful they are and how wonderful they smell. Love them!






No comments: