Harper

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Jasper

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Saturday, April 5, 2008

More pics and the latest info

She's currently being fed 6 cc's of breastmilk every 3 hours!!! So I'm pumping every 3 hours just to keep up with her. So far, so good.

She's also had her first poop!! Hey, it's the small things, k?? So she's making strides. Jon and I of course wish she'd be ready to take home TODAY, but they're letting her work through things as she needs to and they're not discouraged with the progress she's making. We're just feeling so helpless and wish things were more spelled out for us. But she's really doing great and we know that in a day or two, she's going to be even stronger and making even more progress.

The last time we visited her was about 2 hours ago and she was pretty restless. It was upsetting for both Jon and I. Not knowing what to do to calm her down or make things better. I told him I hate that a NICU nurse knows my baby better than I do right now... But I'm glad she does. They're all very kind and caring and take really good care of the babies in that room.


These pics aren't the greatest, but we were trying not to use flash so we didn't disturb her. She's definitely got Jon's mouth!! And he says she has my ears. The nose is still up for debate....




4 comments:

Cookie's Cupcakes said...

Harper is beautiful! Hang in there, she will be ok. Try to get any rest you can. You need your energy :). Love you, Vicki xoxo

Anonymous said...

My prayers are with you. It is hard not being able to hold or breast feed your new baby. You feel like you don't know them. But trust me they know you - your voice, your touch, your love. It won't be long before you will get to hold her and it will be the most special thing. I know it is hard not knowing exactly what is going on medically but you have the peace that she is God hands and He has a very special plan for that little girl's life. We know what you are going through. We send our love and prayers. I wish I could be there for you. It makes me cry that I can't. I would love to just give you a hug and give you words of encouragement.

Love you dearly and miss you,

Christin and family.

Anonymous said...

May I just say Amen to what Vicki and Christine have said.
It seems like forever now but soon it will all be behind you.
I love the way they have swaddled her in the blankets despite the extras.
Love you !!!!
Roberta

Jenny said...

Awww, she's precious! I hope she continues to do really well. I'll make sure we keep her on the prayer list at church until she gets to come home. :)

How are you doing?