Harper

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Jasper

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Tuesday, April 29, 2008

Just have to say

A big huge THANK YOU to a few people. Don't worry - I'm not shortcutting anything. Thank you notes have or are soon going out, but we've so appreciated a few things, I wanted to acknowledge them here.




Wendy and fam sent us the hugest, most beautiful bouquet of flowers in the hospital. My favorites - lilies. They smelled SO fantastic, you could smell them 2 hallways away! They brought me so much joy even after we got home. I loved opening the door and having their aroma be the first thing I notice.




Karyn and Michele brought us the cutest arrangement of flowers in the sweetest little wicker tricycle. They were so bright and cheery in the room, I loved having them to look at.




Ian and Tara and fam got us our stroller!!!!! This is unbelievable to us, because we had chosen a very specific stroller that we knew would last us through this baby, and onto the next - both at the same time!! It's got an optional seat you can attach and you can cart around 2 small ones... My sister has the same stroller and LOVES it, and it was the only one that allowed for 2 at the same time, and the one we liked the best when we tested them out. Since we plan on having another one in the not-so-distant future, this stroller was ideal. Just not very friendly on the wallet. We were saving up since it was our last big purchase we needed to make (other than a new camera..... but ugh.... ) for the baby. And lo and behold! Ian and Tara wanted to get it for us!!!! Such a huge blessing!




Grandma Jane paid for our carseat. As you know, Harper arrived early and caught us totally off-guard, forcing us to run around like crazy getting all the necessities. We had one carseat picked out and had planned on going to get it the weekend she actually ended up arriving. Well, we now needed a carseat that would be safety tested for a small little peanut like our 5 pound little Dot. Jon found the Chicco Keyfit that started at 4 lbs - perfect!! But of course this meant it was a little more expensive than the one we had already chosen. Being forced to buy all the big-ticket items at the same time (hello breast pump, and all the nursery necessities!!!), it was a huge help for her to pitch in and get Harper very safe and Iggy-matching carseat. :) Thanks, Grandma!!!




We had a few special friends bring us dinner a couple of nights. I felt very strange allowing them to help us out like this since I felt like we were perfectly capable of cooking dinner for ourselves. However, it did end up being VERY nice not to have to think about what to make those nights. So a big huge THANK YOU to the Kutz family, the Parker family, the Kyer family and the Kemper family. We so appreciated the yummy dinners!!!




I mentioned Grandma Jane above, but there really is so much to thank Grandma and Grandpa for. They took care of our pups and spoiled them rotten - which they needed because we felt like we were neglecting them so badly. They had a total open-door policy for Jon to come and shower or catch a few z's while I was still in the hospital, and then for both of us once I was discharged. They literally live right behind the hospital, which made it very convenient for us to go over and relax for a while in between feedings and crazy errand-running. They provided us lots of meals (as they usually do) which was so fantastic, especially for Jon while he was camping out with me in the hospital and trying to finish his papers and things - eating wasn't exactly at the top of his list. I could literally go on and on... They were lifesavers.



I haven't taken a picture of our actual stroller yet, but here's a pic from the website. This is what it looks like with the second seat attached (the bottom seat). The regular top seat fully reclines so it's great for a newborn. Oh, and ours is red. :)

I posted another picture like this, but here's her carseat. Perfect for a tiny tot!!!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow, you guys are so lucky to have such generous people in your lives! I am convinced, especially with #2 on the way, that I WANT THAT STROLLER! I love my BOB but will spend the next 6 months convincing Dominic that we should sell it and get the same double stroller you guys have!

Anonymous said...

Wow, you guys are so lucky to have such generous people in your lives! I am convinced, especially with #2 on the way, that I WANT THAT STROLLER! I love my BOB but will spend the next 6 months convincing Dominic that we should sell it and get the same double stroller you guys have!