Harper

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Jasper

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Friday, April 22, 2011

Harper's 3rd Birthday

Harper's birthday was so much fun. We sang to her, then I had to go to work. I couldn't hang out in the morning because I was taking the afternoon off so we could have some fun with her at school. But I was able to get a nice hug before I left!


I had to go to the dentist (boo!) but after that was done, I rushed around to get her some cupcakes for her class, and the only two things she requested for her birthday: a Dora cake and a pink hat. We had known about the Dora cake for a long time -- it's the first thing she would mention every time we would talk about her birthday. But less than a week before the day, she mentioned she wanted a pink hat too. I have no idea where this came from, but I knew I could pick one up when I was getting balloons and I was hoping she would love it.


Here is Daddy wearing the hat I picked out!


We went to her class and brought her cupcakes for everyone. To my delight, she LOVED the hat! In fact, everyone in her class loved it too.






Everyone enjoyed their cupcakes and we brought her home so we could give her the balloons and finally tell her what she was getting for her birthday.



It was rather hard to explain to her that she was going to soon be playing on the swingset she was holding in her hands, in the spot where she was standing. But she was excited about the picture at least!



She requested pizza for her birthday dinner so we went to our favorite pizza buffet spot. Children under 3 eat there for free, but we were able to request one more free meal since the cashier was in a generous mood. You can't charge the birthday girl, right?



I improvised on the Dora cake, but Harper absolutely loved it. And it was the best cake we've ever had! (It's a Walmart cake with a store-bought Dora and #3 candle!)





Of course it was a perfect opportunity to use the You Are Special Today plate!



We improvised on the pajamas so she could wear a cupcake to bed.


It was a really fantastic day for her, and we had a great time celebrating with her. I can't believe our baby girl is 3!

No comments: