Harper

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Jasper

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Tuesday, September 21, 2010

My 6 Month Old Boy




I haven't done a lot of detailed posts about what each kid is doing, and I really need to be better about that. Here's a bit of catch up on Jasper. He turned 6 months old two weeks ago!



We started him on solids the week he turned 6 months old and we're introducing a new food each week. So far he's had sweet potatoes and carrots, and he by far prefers the sweet potatoes. Next I think will be butternut squash, then comes the green veggies. He's a very messy eater at times, and since he usually hops in the bath right after, I don't really clean him up much which makes for great pictures. Currently he's only getting dinner as a solid meal.



I'm still exclusively breastfeeding. Well, in addition to the solids obviously. I pump three times a day and nurse at night and all weekend long. Pumping doesn't seem like as much of a chore this time around, probably because I'm enjoying it while it lasts, knowing it will be over all too soon as he gets older. I'm really glad nursing is still going great, and so far he's not showing any signs of being done with it yet. Harper gave up nursing at 11 months, so it will be interesting to see how long he lasts. He tends to get really distracted while wanting to watch what Harper's doing. But times like tonight when he becomes totally inconsolable in the middle of eating his carrots, and I can comfort him by nursing his carrot-covered body (and getting carrot-covered myself!) it makes me happy to still be doing it.

Jasper is completely in love with his sister. No one can make him laugh like she does, and she brings the biggest smiles to his face. The feeling is quite mutual, and Harper really enjoys "mothering" him all the time. He's her own real live baby doll! At times I think she forgets he's not a doll and can be a little too rough. But most times she loves to tickle him, read to him, or wipe away his slobber with a cloth diaper -- just like Mommy. Oh, and come Jasper's feeding time, Harper loves to feed her baby the same way Mommy feeds him, which I happen to think is adorable.


He has started to become much more vocal making raspberries and screeching. He is sitting up better and better each day and has started really scooting all over. He gets up on all fours and is really trying to crawl, but we have a little ways until that day (I hope!). He absolutely loves to stand, but isn't holding himself up yet.

Jasper is an extremely sweet and happy baby. He sleeps really well and never complains unless he is tired. He falls asleep without much fanfare, and I usually can put him down awake and he will put himself to sleep. In fact, in a completely opposite fashion than his sister, we can take him out to restaurants and he will put himself to sleep in his car seat very easily and never complains. He likes to suck his first and middle fingers when he's sleepy and loves to cuddle a blankie or something in his arms and against his face.


He still really loves bathtime, and always laughs when I put his lotion on. He used to be really stinky as a newborn, and thank goodness he has finally outgrown that. He's got a nice batch of peach fuzz for hair, and it is actually growing over his ear a tiny bit. He grabs at absolutely everything he sees and is usually successful at getting it.

I can't wait to see what the next 6 months brings!

1 comment:

Trina said...

Jasper looks so much like you now! He's adorable. I can't wait to meet him.