Harper

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Jasper

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Duck Duck Goose


MVI_0064, originally uploaded by holly hanes.

On Labor Day, we had a great day together as a family. We didn't have too much of an agenda, we just really wanted to hang together and have fun. I had been wanting to take Harper to go feed the ducks at the local park all summer, but it's pretty miserable to hang outside for too long during the summer in Texas, so since the weather was finally a little cooler, we grabbed some of the older bread in the fridge and off we went! We first went to where the huge geese hang out.

Now, I am not a fan of birds anyway, and geese just plain freak me out. They are so big and can be so aggressive when it comes to food, I was worried about them taking a bite out of my little girl.
Here is a video of the huge geese. You'll notice how far back I am standing while I shoot the video. I really don't like them. You'll also notice me scream when it looked like a goose was about to get her and the panic in my voice about the whole situation.

Soon after, Daddy and Harper moved over to where there were more ducks and no geese. Unfortunately it was way past Jasper's time to eat so I missed the feeding of the ducks while I sat in the car and fed him, though I got to enjoy watching Daddy and daughter have fun together!

1 comment:

Trina said...

Geese freak me out too! I always walk the other way when I spot them at the park.