Harper

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Jasper

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Catching Up

I am so far behind!! There are so many things to update on. I am going to pack in a bunch of stuff in the next few posts.

At the start of the summer I purchased two passes for the price of one (plus free soft drinks) to the local water park. I had been looking forward to taking Harper all summer long and we finally went a few weekends before Labor Day, when the park shuts down for the fall. Nana and Papa graciously watched Jasper for a couple hours so we could focus all our attention on having fun with our little girl. And oh my goodness, did she have fun!! It's a great place because it is friendly towards smaller kids with TONS of things to do. She went down countless slides, played with tons of splashing puddles, went in the wave pool, floated down the lazy river, and even went down a couple big slides with Daddy. We only stayed a couple hours because Daddy had to go to work, but it turned out to be plenty of time and completely wore her out.

One casualty from the day was our camera. It drowned, but ironically the drowning had nothing to do with the water park. It was in our bag with the big mug of water we brought in, and as I picked up the bag to leave, the mug tipped over and spilled all over the bag and its contents, including the camera. I didn't realize it had tipped over until water was leaking out of the bag and everything had already been soaked. *sigh* I went without a camera for a week and it was a week too long so we bit the bullet and picked up the newer model of our old camera. I still haven't played with all the bells and whistles but I'm just relieved to have it! These are the last pictures taken on the camera -- thankfully I was able to rescue the battery and photo card!


No comments: