Harper

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Jasper

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Saturday, September 13, 2008

Out With the Old...

Along with the yucky carpet that got tossed, today was also a purging day for Harper's closet. I've found myself not really wanting to clear out all her things that are too small because of sentimental reasons. Or because the things are just too cute, I'm not ready to box them up. But, it was way beyond time to get the stuff out of the way in order to make room for things that actually fit her.

Believe it or not, she was actually in need of a few things for this winter. Namely long sleeved onesies and comfy pants. We went shopping at Carters (love this place!) and stocked up big time with all their sale items. We also made a quick stop by Old Navy and picked up a few items there as well. Side note: Harper probably won't be wearing an actual "costume" for Halloween this year. Maybe next, but no promises there either. We did pick up something cute for her to wear and take pictures in, but no Princess Leia or Yoda this year.

By the time we got home, Harper was tiiiiired and ended up taking a 3 hour nap which was great for allowing me to spend some time in her room getting things organized. In the midst of boxing stuff up, I was doing several loads of laundry, washing all her new things and all the things that had been given to us that I've been waiting for Harper to be big enough to wear.

It sounds silly, but it feels so good to have all this stuff washed and ready to go. When she was born, I washed everything up to size 6 months and put the rest of the stuff in boxes in her closet thinking it would be forever until I'd see those things again. Well, now it's "forever" and I can't believe I was washing all those things. She'll be 6 months old in 3 weeks, which is amazing to me.

Jon lowered her mattress down 1 level today and which meant the crib bumpers finally fit. She's getting so big and is really amzing us with the new things she does every day. Today while we were driving, she discovered a new sound she could make with her mouth and did it the whole way to the mall, cracking us up.

Yesterday she must have known how excited I was for the new floors, and figured she had to really do something great to make sure I remembered that it was all about her -- forget those stinkin' floors. Here's how she topped my excitement:


2 comments:

Stephanie said...

Yea Harper! Is she sleeping on her stomach now? That's what happened to Dylan. Once he figured it out, I couldn't keep him off it. And Bald is Beautiful :)

The Hanes Fam said...

No, she's about 50/50 in either her swaddle or her sleep sack, both of which limit her leg mobility quite a bit. She loves to sleep on her tummy, but has been a great back sleeper for us - so if it ain't broke!