Harper

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Jasper

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Sunday, September 28, 2008

Let's Give Eating a Try

A week away from her half-birthday, Saturday was the day: Eating! Well, we gave it our best effort. The majority of it ended up on her face and bib, but I think she actually got quite a bit down. It was pretty funny to be a part of. Jon played photographer taking pictures and filming the entire thing -- captivating footage that will be 20 years from now, I'm sure! Here's the highlights:

Umm, Mom? You sure about this?

Hmmmm.. Not much flavor, really.

I think the bib tastes better than that stuff.

Dad, do I really have to eat this stuff?

Oh, you'll give me chocolate later? Okay!

2 comments:

Stephanie said...

too cute..Dylan did the same with his first feeding. He's finally getting it down now. Don't know if you heard this, but don't put the spoon in their mouth, just put it up to their lips so the sucking reflex engages. If you put it in their mouth, their instinct is to push it out.

Christa said...

I have been wanting to leave comments forever. Guess I had to register...anyways she is just too cute! The first time I fed Lorelei I was all set with the camera and she ate the food, no funny faces, no spit outs. Totally not video camera worthy :( Glad you're having all this fun with all these 'firsts'