Harper

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Jasper

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Saturday, August 23, 2008

Fun with Mimi Part 2

Mimi came to visit Harper for the second time last week. We had so much fun and we were so sad to say goodbye to her. This visit we did SO MUCH stuff! Sometimes it feels like we never get anything done by the time she has to go home. Not this visit!

She got in on a Wednesday and that night she and I went and saw Sisterhood of the Travelling Pants, Part 2. We had seen the first one together and it was so great just to get out with my mom and go see a movie. The movie was so/so, but it didn't matter... just plain fun!! (Oh, and Jon did great doing the nighttime routine by himself for the first time!!)
Thursday was shopping day. I had a coupon for Carter's so we managed to find only 1 or 2 (or 400) adorable things there. Harper actually needed new pajamas, which was weird because she really hasn't needed anything since she's been born. But she's grown out of her 3 month footies, and we didn't really have much else waiting in the wings. We also went to Babies R Us so I could get her a couple new swaddles; one for here, one for Jane's house. And I found a super cute ladybug crib mirror so she can be entertained in her crib since she loves to look at herself in the mirror -- such a girl. ;) We managed to squeeze in lunch and a super fast trip to Walmart. We were exhausted but it was such fun!
I kept telling Jon to plan something fun for himself to do on Thursday and Friday since they would be "free" days for him without the baby. I thought he'd go golfing or something, but he wanted to stain the cabinets. So he did. I think he's really wanting those hard wood floors since I told him we couldn't even think about installing new floors until the cabinets were finished. That lit a fire and he made a nice dent last week.

Friday Jane, my mom, Harper and I drove to Decatur and visited Aunt Nancy so we could finally see her shop! Decatur has a very quaint town square with tons of little fun shops so we definitely had a great time up there. Mimi and Jane found some fun things at her store (including a feather boa and margarita sunglasses....can't believe I forgot my camera!!!), and mom and I got new purses at another of the shops there. Unfortunately Nancy had to go pick up an ill Thomas, so we didn't get to spend much more time with her. But it was fun while it lasted -- we love Aunt Nancy! That night Jon and I went out together to run a few errands without Harper. He did some shopping (tax free weekend -- woohoo!) and I got my hair trimmed and toes painted. Such a treat!

Saturday was an eeearrrrly wakeup day so that Mimi, Harper and I could drive to Austin to surprise Kelley at her baby shower! Kelley is a high school classmate of mine who I've known since the 5th grade. Our parents are best friends and our families have really grown up together in a lot of ways. I haven't seen Kelley since her wedding in 2001, though we feel like we stay in touch because our parents are so close. Her parents now live in Florida, so they jump at any chance to get to see each other. Well, since Linda was going to be in town so "close" to me for the weekend, my mom planned her trip to visit Harper at the same time as the shower so we could make it all work for everyone. Got that??? It was a great mini-reunion as we got to see Linda, Kelley, Ryan (her husband who I also went to school with), Amber (her best friend who I also went to school with), Kelley's brother Patrick (and his family), Ryan's parents, Amber's parents... and lots more friends from the past. It was pretty amazing to be so far from "home" in Big Bear and have all these familiar faces around!!!
Anyway, it was lots of fun and Harper was an absolute fantastic baby. She slept the whole way there, which is what I was hoping would happen. Played a little while then took about a 2 hour nap. Woke up and entertained us for another hour or so, then it was time to leave, and she slept almost the whole way home!! My little traveler, she's such a good sport. Mom and I were completely wiped out from the day's events but we were very thankful for a smooth trip with no traffic and nothing else to do that night!!

(Pictures coming soon--I of course remembered the camera but left my memory card in the computer. d'oh!)

Sunday was the day of fun for Mimi and Jane. Menopause the Musical happened to be in town nearby, so my mom knew she had to talk Jane into going with her to see it. My mom had already seen it 5 or 6 times with various groups of friends and has always loved it. Well, here's where the boa comes in - They each wore one! They had a great time and we heard my mom even got Jane to get up on stage to dance for the finale!




We treated mom to dinner that night at a new place that opened nearby, and even though I spent the majority of the dinner bouncing Harper in the sling because she was fighting sleep, it was a great meal. Yay for someone having GREAT fried zucchini!!




Monday was rainy which apparently was the only thing I needed to sleep in until 10:30!!!! Of course, I got up with Jon and made his lunch, then got up with Harper to feed her around 7, but still... 10:30?!?!? It was awesome. But Monday also meant that Mimi had to leave. :( We really did have a great time and we can't wait to see her again in October, and then she and Poppy when they both come visit for Christmas!




Yay for Mimi!!!!

3 comments:

Kristin said...

Awe that's awesome that your mom can come out and visit you. We miss you too! Well, Josh and I are expecting baby #2. Just thought you would find that fun to know.

Debbie said...

Awww - great pics. I miss you like crazy Holly. Can't wait for October to see you.

Jenny said...

Harper is growing up so fast!! She's just beautiful!

I'm glad you had such a great visit with your mom. I'm obsessed with purses, so I have to ask..what kind of purses did y'all get?