Harper

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Jasper

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Wednesday, June 25, 2008

The Dot's got dots!

Finally - here's the finished product of my first Saturday project. I really did finish it on Sunday - I promise. I'm just now getting a chance to show the pics. Life with a baby is CRAZY!

Here are the 3 things I used to help make the circles circular. :) Although they served to be more of a guide since the walls were bumpy. I had to mostly freehand them. Jon was pretty impressed that I was so inventive. And I think he was rather shocked that I started the project without telling him!


All in all, I think it turned out nicely. It's still a little shocking at first when I walk in, but it's growing on me. I've always thought the room needed something "more" and we tossed around the idea of adding wainscotting around the bottom with a chair rail or maybe painting pink stripes. Polka dots were the easiest and quickest solution - and it's perfect for our little Dot!

I'm posting some other pics of her nursery for those who haven't been able to see it in person, which is most of you. It really looks nothing like I envisioned, but I think I made the most of the mish-mash colors, furniture and bedding! These pics were taken before I put the dots on the wall, obviously.

Changing table and ladybug curtains.


Shelves, glider and pics.

Closet door, dresser and bedroom door.


On one of the shelves: Dana gave me the Paris tea set a while back. Little did she know how perfect it would be for my little girl's room someday! The pink poodle is from Jay and Linda and just looked too cute with the tea set.

The top frame says "The moment we saw you, we fell in love". The bottom frame says mom + dad = me and was given to us by my sister when we first found out we were pregnant.

2 comments:

Tara said...

Aww Holly her room looks so great! I LOVE the dots! You did an amazing job and I know she's going to love it.

Unknown said...

Look at you being all creative! Super cute! Really adorable picture frame too... mom + dad = me. Love that!