Harper

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Jasper

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Sunday, January 20, 2008

Name Voting Update

I may be disabling the Name Voting soon. Jon and I have decided on a name, but we're just waiting a little while longer before we announce it to the world.

Here are the results as they stand now:
First Name:
Julia - 34% (13/38)
Jolien - 28% (11/38)
Davin - 21% (8/38)
Josephine - 13% (5/38)
Glynnis - 2% (1/38)

Middle Name:
Adelia - 27% (10/37)
Amelia - 24% (9/37)
Glynn - 21% (8/37)
Alice - 18% (7/37)
Pauline - 8% (3/37)

I've been asked a few times, so here's the explanations to each of the names that were posted. Most of them are family names, which is the direction we intended to head towards.

Alice Adelia - Nanny's (Jon's grandmother) name. A very special woman who I never had the privilege of meeting. She lived in Jon's house since before he was born and was there until she passed away about 3 years ago.

Josephine - Jon's dad's first name is Joseph, even though he goes by Don.

Davin - My mom's brother's name was David, so this was a variation on that. My only uncle who passed away my senior year in high school. He's very missed. If we have a boy next, this will probably be his name.

Glynnis/Glynn - My sister's given middle name is Glynn. She's always hated it and I've always loved it. She dropped her middle name when she got married and took our maiden name as her middle. I always threatened to keep it in the family with one of my kids because I thought it was rude to just get rid of her name. But that's just me. (Oh yeah, and my mom's middle name is Glen - named after her Godfather). Apparently many people who have taken the poll agree with my sister since it didn't get very many votes. To which she replies "See?? I told you!"

Pauline - My grandfather was Paul, my mom is Paula, my middle name is Paulette. 'nuff said.

Adelia, Julia, Jolien - names we've liked. Both Jon and his dad's initials are JAH, so one of our goals was to give her those initials as well.

Name announcement coming soon!!!