Harper

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Jasper

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Wednesday, January 9, 2008

23 weeks

We had another doctor appointment today and all is well! We heard the heartbeat for the very first time with the handheld doppler and it was beating away at 150. So cool! I'm measuring 26 centimeters, which is equivalent to 26 weeks gestation. Dr. White claims this could mean she's going to be a big baby or that maybe she's just hit a growth spurt. I claim he's just measuring some of my chubby belly which is throwing off the measurements!! haha.. In any event, his prediction is that we'll have a 8 1/2 - 9 pound baby!! Oh my.... And with the size of mine and Jon's head, it's enough to make me want to stop this whole thing right now!

Side note: Jon was 6 lbs, 11 oz and 18 inches long at birth (and he was overdue!) I was 8 lbs and 19 1/2 inches long. So maybe she'll cut right down the middle.

My blood pressure is still great - 122/78, just slightly higher than last month, but Dr. White is very pleased.

Next month is the glucose test. And next month also marks the start of my 3rd trimester! Beginning in March, my appointments progress to twice a month. And in April, it's once a week. So hard to believe, it seems like time is flying right by!

1 comment:

Jenny said...

I'm so glad to hear the baby's doing well. :) 8 1/2 to 9 lbs...healthy baby!