Harper

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Jasper

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Thursday, February 23, 2012

October 2011

After our family vacation, October was a fun month for us.  We didn't have any means of watching TV at the time, so we missed watching most of the World Series where the Rangers were playing for the second year in a row.  They ultimately lost (again!), but we enjoyed listening to it the "old fashioned way" on the radio.  By the end of the month, we figured out how to get better reception via the TV antenna by putting it in the attic.  Though we had survived fine without TV at all for 4 months, it was fun to have it back again. This time without any extra channels and no DVR.  And free! 

After our horribly hot and dry summer, Texas was really needing the rain.  We had some crazy storm clouds out in the distance from our backyard.  Daddy started doing a rain dance to get the rain to come, and here are the kids doing their version. 



We went back to the pumpkin patch again!  It was a bit muddier this time (thanks to the above-mentioned rain!) but the kids still enjoyed it.  This year they had a new set of cut-outs - Gabba!  This made both kids very excited.  I was also very excited to get their pictures taken at the same spot again so we could see how much they've grown.  That was so fun.

I celebrated my 33rd birthday.  Jon got me my favorite: an ice cream cake from Baskin Robbins.  Though I told him I could do without that from now on - they are too expensive for the amount of ice cream you get and I'd rather just have a tub!  I got some cute pics with the kids and they really enjoyed the cake. 


Soon Halloween came and the kids (and Sarge) dressed in their costumes as a theme for the second year in a row.  I insist on doing this with them for as long as I can, ie: until they are old enough to protest.  Harper was a cute pink pirate and Jasper was her parrot!  Sarge was also a pirate - with a parrot in his hat!  Harper loved wearing the eye patch, which she did really great with.  She loved everything about her costume, especially saying "arrrrrgghhh! I'm looking for my treasure!"  Jasper also loved his costume, but I never could get him to make parrot sounds very well.  He walked around flapping his wings very happily.  We took them trick or treating to a few houses around the neighborhood, but the kids were tired and didn't last long.  We made our annual stop at our friend and neighbors Roger and Ann.  A few months prior they adopted a pot bellied pig.... and named him Jasper!!  So Jasper the boy finally got to meet Jasper the pig.  Neither one really knew what to make of the other, but I was very happy to get a picture of them together.

No comments: