Harper

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Jasper

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Ice, Ice, Baby

Texas has been hit by a major ice storm. It's the one time I feel like the results actually lived up to the media hype. I had my doubts, even when almost all area schools declared last night they would be closed in the morning, before we had even had a drop of precipitation. Well, it turned out to be really bad with the roads all frozen solid and no hopes of temps above freezing until Friday. Harper's school closed so I stayed home and the kids, Jon and I lounged around all morning. It was great! Daddy made a big breakfast and we played in Harper's room for a while. Then Daddy had to go to work. I was so nervous about him driving on the roads, but he doesn't have the luxury of not going in like I do. He made it in safely, and we're praying he makes it home okay tonight.

The kids took great naps and I really had an enjoyable day with them with no pressure to feel like I had to get a million things done. We didn't go out and play in the white stuff because with the wind chill, it was 0 degrees today -- not enjoyable at all! I did manage to vacuum today and the kitchen and dining room are clean, but there are toys all over the living room and Harper's room and I just don't care. Harper's school is closed again tomorrow so I'll be home with them again and figure their toys are all ready for them to be played with again!

Jasper's got a monkey on his back. Notice the balloon? It has managed to survive since we saw Yo Gabba Gabba, and has become Jasper's favorite toy. Notice his fingernails digging in? I can't believe it hasn't popped yet.


Harper wanted to pose with the monkey too. And yes, this face was on purpose. It is somehow her new "picture smile" with the almost-closed eyes and all. Lovely, isn't it?


Fun with balloons.


Playing Superman with Daddy.


This afternoon Harper started pulling things out of her dress up box so we decided to try and see how many things we could pile on to her at once. We ended up with 1 dress, 3 skirts, 1 boa, 4 bracelets, 1 headband, 2 tiaras, 1 halo and 1 set of wings. Lookin' pretty good!

No comments: