Harper

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Jasper

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Still Baking

We went to our appointment this morning fully expecting to hear the news that we'd be sent upstairs to L&D. We had just dropped off the dogs and Harper and ALLLL their stuff with Nana and Papa, and had the car packed with my things for the next 5 days in the hospital.

What did we find? 11 centimeters of fluid!!! The tech actually measured twice with our doctor standing right there, just to verify. 11 is still low, and it's quite a drop from our 18 from last week. But it's a definite improvement over the 7 we had yesterday. Jon and I were baffled and even our doctor was quite surprised. He said he had come in first thing and looked at his schedule to see when we could fit in to deliver. Instead, he sent us on our way to enjoy breakfast together!

As it stands now, we're scheduled to come back on Thursday for another measurement. If fluid is lower, I'll be admitted that night and we'll deliver on Friday. If the fluid is still at the same level, then we'll schedule another appointment early next week for another check.

It's a crazy, wild ride we're on. We came home today and all 5 of us (dogs included) took a verry long nap. I woke up and took myself for a pedicure - something I have been planning on doing before the baby came, but thought I had plenty of time to do! Tomorrow will be a trip to Babies R Us to get some things we need. Jon's been busy painting the baby's room, and we finally got the crib mattress raised up and put all his bedding on.

Progress is being made!

My doctor wrote me off work and advised me to take it easy, though I'm not on bedrest. Jon's still working, and we stopped by Harper's school today to advise them that she wouldn't be back until I go back to work after the baby gets here. It was a little sad saying goodbye to all her friends, but the administrators said we could do a drop-in day every once in a while if we wanted to. She loves school, so I know she will miss going and seeing all her friends and learning.

Til our next update!!!

1 comment:

Kristin said...

Wow I can only imagine what a emotional roller coaster you have to be on. I think I would have felt so frustrated thinking that I will get to meet my baby and then to be told nope we are going to wait a little bit I probably would have started crying. But then again I hate being pregnant. You are so strong. What good news his fluids were higher. Obviously God wants him to bake a little longer. You are doing such a great job!