Harper

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Jasper

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Monday, March 8, 2010

Checked In!

Well, tomorrow's the day.

I'm officially 37 weeks today, and I had another appointment to check fluid levels this afternoon. After making small talk while the Doctor did the sonogram, he asked, "so what's YOUR assessment?" I found this funny. After two pregnancies, and so many appointments of looking for pockets of fluid, he realizes that we kind of know what to look for and expect to see. As we had been chatting, he was making mental notes, as were Jon and I. I said, "well, I know what I see, and I see that we're having a baby". Well, actually I said that after I said "Jon has predicted tomorrow would be our day since last week". Which is quite true!! So, we were both right.

We're having a baby!!!!

Today the fluid measured at 4.5cm. I had one pocket over 2.5, which is a necessity in order for it not to be a totally urgent situation. Preferably all 4 pockets would measure over 2.5, but right now I've only got the one. My doctor has always said that he would deliver if I got below a 7, so he sent us out the door with instructions to have a nice dinner, and to come back and check in later this evening.

So here I sit. Admitted. Feeling like a pin cushion. Jon is at home with Harper, both getting a good night's sleep in their own beds. I've been keeping myself occupied here just fine, though I'm dreading my sleep tonight. They couldn't find a vein too easily, so I got poked 3 times by 3 different nurses. No fun. My c-section isn't scheduled until 3pm unfortunately. There really was no reason I couldn't stay home, but unfortunately my doctor didn't know I'd be scheduled so late when he wrote the orders. Tomorrow's bound to be a looooong day. I've already been told I won't be able to eat after midnight tonight, despite the late surgery.

All of this is really just complaining over things I can't control. What's really important is that my son arrives here safe and sound and without complications tomorrow. It's very surreal, and even as I sit in this hospital room, I can't believe the time is already here. I can't believe our little boy will be here tomorrow. I think I'm understandably reserved about my expectations of being able to hold him right away or having him in our room with us. It's all in God's hands and I'm just glad I have a great doctor that has been monitoring my pregnancy so closely and that we can make these decisions for the best outcome possible. I'm thrilled to have made it to 37 weeks, and I'm even more thrilled that the rollercoaster of wondering when is almost over.

I had some cute videos and posts to write about Harper since we've been a little short on updates about her lately, but I've been instructed to get as much sleep as I possibly can, so I'm going to put the laptop away for now. She got very excited when we told her today that her brother was coming, and I know she's missing me tonight. This is the first night I've ever spent away from her, and it's quite strange. She and the dogs will be in great hands with Nana and Papa, and Jon is planning on visiting quite often, since the hospital is just behind their house. I'm hoping to get a visit from Harper tomorrow at some point before surgery.

Okay, enough blathering tonight. Tomorrow's a big day!!!

til next time...

2 comments:

Jenny said...

I'm SO excited for you three!!! :)

Praying everything goes smoothly!

Anonymous said...

And then the next day the time was suddenly moved up to 10:30 AM...and the roller coaster had a few more loops in store. You are soooo strong to take this ride with such strength. Love you, Nana