Harper

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Jasper

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Thursday, February 18, 2010

Hearts and Snow

A week ago, Dallas experienced the most snow its ever seen in a 24-hour period. The official measurement was 12 1/2 inches. Absolutely crazy in this neck of the woods. It just kept coming and coming. And unlike the snow we got at Christmas, this snow came down in big, huge floating flakes, not the hit-you-in-the-face windblown hard kind of snow. It was absolutely beautiful!! What I found so unusual about this storm was that it never got below freezing, so the main roads never really got bad. Slushy, yes. But on heavily-traveled roads, it really just looked like it had rained. Our street was a very different story, but thankfully we were able to get through it just fine. (I love my car!) Still, a week later, there are still some spots with snow.

Harper had a yucky cough, so we didn't take her out in it. Though she did learn how to say "snow" and yelled it every time she looked outside or we went anywhere. Usually it sounds more like "nnnoooo!", so I kept telling her "ssssssssssnow" which would then lead her to say "sssssssss. nnnoooo!" Such a ham.

Jon stuck a ruler on our patio table and got our "official measurement" in the backyard: 9 1/2 inches.

That was Jon's spot in the driveway, already getting covered again an hour or so after he had left.

I took this picture from my phone in the afternoon.


Jon took this picture the following morning. It may not look like a ton more snow, but it was!!! It snowed all night long.



The snow happened to come right before Valentine's weekend. Since it was on a Sunday, we of course had church and I made sure Harper was wearing all of her things with hearts on them. That night Jon decided that instead of having our Lifehouse as usual, we would take the opportunity to go out as couples to a nice dinner. It was a fun night to drop off the kids to the Lifehouse childcare, then walk a few doors down to an Italian restaurant we like. After dinner, we drove to go visit one of the other couples from our Lifehouse, Robert and Maribeth, who had just welcomed Baby Anna into the world a few days earlier! We brought them a nice Italian dinner from the restaurant and stayed for a short visit. It was getting pretty late by that point, so we trekked on home. So nice to spend the day with friends and getting to know new people!

Here's a few pics from Valentine's Day we snapped before going to dinner.

Jon had these beautiful flowers sent to me at work!

And the next day I was surprised with these being delivered! Chocolate covered strawberries and brownies on a stick. SO yummy!

I had to take another picture of the flowers as they were opening up more. A week later, my roses are finally drooping, but the lilies are just getting started. So beautiful!


And just because - I'm sharing this picture I took of Cadbury Eggs. I had been craving them for a couple weeks but had been unable to find them due to it being too early for Easter. Various people had told me they had seen them, and though I looked everywhere I went, I had no luck in locating any. Then my boss came in and handed me this bag - she had found them!!!! I was SO excited, and it felt like the best day ever. Pregnancy Craving - fulfilled!!

No comments: