Harper

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Jasper

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Monday, February 1, 2010

32 Weeks

Today we had our 32 week appointment and yet again, everything looks great!

As usual, we got to see the little bambino and today he was definitely not sleeping. He was very active, moving all about, giving us a good show. The doctor confirmed that he is still breech. I had a thought that maybe he had turned because a few weeks ago he really moved a ton one night. I was thoroughly uncomfortable for a long time, and thought he was making the big move. Signals since then had told me he was still breech, harder kicks down low, softer jabs up high -- and a definite pressure still in my ribs, which is where he likes to hang out. But I was still hopeful! Nope - this kid is happy feet down, which again, doesn't matter since we're having a scheduled c-section.

His fluid measured a 20 today. A little lower than last time, but my doctor said it was a normal fluctuation at this point in the pregnancy. As I said before, our next appointment at 34 weeks will be our true indicator as compared to my pregnancy with Harper. At 34 weeks with her, I measured at 11.

Today I got my information sheet about my scheduled surgery! It's so surreal. I'm officially on the books for March 23rd at 12 noon. We're beginning to make plans for what we'll do with Harper and the dogs while we're in the hospital. Making back up plans just in case we deliver early and the baby is in the NICU. Making back up plans to our back up plans. We have so much more to take care of this time, and so much more experience to use. We're starting to make lists and gather things to pack bags. I can't believe we're 7 weeks (or sooner!) away from meeting our little boy!

1 comment:

Kristin said...

So you said your fluid levels with Harper were at 11. What is okay and at what number do they deem dangerous?
Nick was sideways up until 36 weeks. I totally know what you mean by how uncomfortable you are. People that sat next to me in church would get kicked from one side and I could feel his head pocking out the other.
There are a ton of different stretches you can do that might make him move into a more comfortable position for you. Just google breech.