Harper

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Jasper

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Thursday, December 10, 2009

24 Weeks

I had my 24 week appointment on Tuesday and everything is great!! The doctor was pleased with the super strong heartbeat and the kicks he heard. Just as he did with Harper, he predicted this would be a big baby. I'm currently measuring 28 weeks - 4 weeks bigger than I am! I recalled easily though that Harper measured almost exactly the same way and she slowly evened out as time went on. If she would have gone full-term, I can estimate she would have weighed about 7.5 pounds, so I can only assume this one will be close to that.

My next appointment is my glucose test. Blech. I'm really not looking forward to drinking the orange nastyness but, as with all things with this pregnancy, I'm trying to just enjoy and appreciate all aspects of it, knowing it's my last one.

My next appointment also marks the beginning of my third trimester, which means I will officially be under closer watch. Only time will tell if I become labeled "high risk" as we monitor my fluid levels. I am scheduled to have an ultrasound at every single appointment from here on out in order to keep an eye on the baby and do everything we can to make sure I can go full term.

In Harper news, she had her first full-fledged knock down illness. Welcome to daycare! She was extremely lethargic at church on Sunday, so I took her home early and put her down for a looooong nap. She was really clingy and lethargic when she woke up, so I cuddled with her for a while and managed to get a little food in her stomach for lunch. We really knew she wasn't herself when she sat perfectly still for about 30 minutes watching football. Sure enough, she threw up. We had big plans that evening to have our LifeHouse over as usual, and go door to door posting door hangers inviting our neighbors to come to our Christmas services at church. We decided to cover up our bed with towels and blankets and park Harper there where we could keep an eye on her but still allow her to rest. I stayed home while everyone went out and about. The entire evening she laid in our bed and fell asleep on and off while laying very still. If you know our girl, she rarely sits still for 2 minutes, let alone 3 1/2 hours!

We gave her plenty of opportunities to catch up on her rest the next couple days. Thankfully she never threw up again and seems back to herself now.

With the exception of getting sick, school has been going really well for her. She is always happy when we drop her off and never complains. She seems to really like her teachers and always gets good reports. They are very happy with her level of signing and Jon and I have both noticed how verbal she's gotten with saying specific words more often now. Though it was a very hard and sudden realization, I'm comforted knowing she is happy and having fun there.

1 comment:

Tara K said...

I'm glad to hear all is well with your new little one. It sounds like Harper is doing SUPER in school. I hate to hear she was down and out though. That's never easy to see a baby go through. Take care and God Bless!