Harper

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Jasper

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Sunday, July 12, 2009

DeeDee

My nephew Camden coined the nickname. "DeeDee" is what he calls his blanket. He became very attached to a blanket that was blue and silky, given to him by my dear friend Heather. We don't know why it's called a DeeDee, but it is and we accept it. And he loooooves his DeeDee. My sister tells a funny story of hearing Camden on the baby monitor after being put to bed for the night. He wasn't quite ready for bed, so he was talking. Talking to his DeeDee, and specifically saying "oohhhhh DeeDee.... ohhhhhh DeeDee" very lovingly. Jon and I still remember this and giggle everytime we talk about it.

Tobin also has his own DeeDee and now Harper does too. They also got theirs from Heather.

Being so far away from my sweet nephews, it warms my heart to know that these cousins are connected in a way. I think of them all the time and I have no doubt that Harper would love to play with them. I really look forward to seeing them in October, but in the meantime I love to hear the stories of their adventures and see the pictures their Nana posts on their photo website.
We have pictures of Harper's cousins in her photo album and we review their names and faces daily as she points and asks "dah??" as in "who's that?"

Here are the boys showing off their DeeDees.
Here they are with their Nana's dog, who also has his own DeeDee.
Thanks Cheryl for the pictures!

Harper with her DeeDee.
Here is Harper telling her cousins all sorts of stories.

No comments: