Harper

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Jasper

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Saturday, March 14, 2009

Getting Ready to Party

Here is the story of the invitations for Harper's First Birthday. As with everything else, I'm doing her party on a tight budget, and the invitations are no exception.

I found this do-it-yourself card kit on sale for $2.50, so I snatched up 2 of the same style which gave me 16 cards. The kits each included 8 cards, bows, hearts, stickers, scrapbook-style accessories, rhinestone jewels and decorative pages. With the help of some extra scrapbook goodies Jane had leftover from the baby shower last year, I was able to get started on assembling all the invites.




Of course, it meant I had to find the time to do it, which turned out not to be so easy. But the couple late nights staying up assembling were definitely worth spending only $5 for everything. And I actually had some fun making them! I don't think I have the patience or creativity for scrapbooking or even projects like this more often, but it was a nice variation from the norm and I love the fact that each one is different from the other.



Because most of the people I sent "invitations" to are out of town and obviously unable to attend, instead of party info, I simply included a cute poem attached to the inside to mark the special event. Here's what it said:

I learned to laugh and squeal,
then sit and stand,
and I can walk now
if you hold my hand.
But the fun
has just begun,
lookout world,
I'm turning one!

I was also able to include a wallet sized picture of one of our favorite poses from the portrait day, which I hope makes it extra special for everyone we sent one to.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Fabulous, Holly! They turned out just precious...

Stephanie said...

Too Cute! You did great...and $5...awesome!

Dre said...

seriously awesome!