Harper

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Jasper

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Monday, March 9, 2009

1st Birthday Portraits

While Mimi was in town for another fun-filled visit, we took Harper to get her birthday portraits done. She woke up with a fever that morning but we decided to try anyway, just to see if they'd turn out. She was such a trooper and lasted the whole time even though I'm sure she felt miserable. It turned out to be the start of 2 days of a high fever which made her feel a bit cranky, tired and clingy. She really was a good girl and ended up giving us plenty of smiles. Here's just a few to give you an idea.

Mimi loves to spoil her and brought her the birthday hat and dress which I loved. I had tossed around the idea of making her a tutu for her portraits but couldn't make myself find the time last weekend to do it. So when Mimi showed up with this, it was PERFECT! Harper wasn't thrilled about wearing the hat but it still looked cute sitting next to her in the pictures.

The polka dot dress was given to her for Christmas by Auntie Wendy, Uncle Kevin and cousins Camden and Tobin. I fell in love with it immediately and knew I wanted her to wear it in her portraits. It's too cute and I'll be so sad when she outgrows it.

The teddy bear is the infamous bear bought for her by Poppy at Christmas from Neiman Marcus. It looked so great in the pictures, I'm so glad I remembered to bring it.

The rocking chair is one that was made for my mom when she was a baby by her grandfather. We all used it as kids and now it sits in Harper's room. It's such a special thing I remember from my childhood that I wanted it included in her pictures. It'll probably show up every year until she's too big for it. ;)

And just because I think they're funny, I'll be posting some of the outtakes in a few days.





No comments: