Harper

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Jasper

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Six Flags, Part II

We were very fortunate to get to go to Six Flags for a second time in a month for free. We took full advantage and stayed in Looney Tunes land for almost the entire time in order to make up for us missing most of it last time. Harper and Jasper loved it. Yes - Jasper got to ride a few of the rides too! We even took him on two of the actual adult rides - the teacups and the spinning sombrero. The teacups were fine, but the spinning sombrero was a little bit much for both he and I. I couldn't believe they allowed kids of any size on that ride!

We did run into a few of the characters, and even though Harper looooooves the Tweety she won last time, we could not convince her to say hi to the life-size version. No way, the small stuffed one is just fine, thankyouverymuch! Then Daffy Duck walked up to us and basically scared the life out of Jasper. I think my kids will be taking after me in the no character department. I was terrified of them for a looooong time as a child.

We hit all the rides in the Looney Tunes land at least twice, three times if Harper wanted to. The day was all about just letting her have fun. It was VERY hot though, so we only lasted about 4 hours. I had been wanting to ride the Conquistador since the last time we were there and only Jon and Harper had gone on it. We saved it for the last ride this time and the two of them went on it together. As soon as they got off, Harper and I went on it together. It's a fun ride, but my mistake was looking out at Jon as it rocked back and forth, back and forth, and once I got off I did not feel good. We made it out of the park and to the car and I was feeling queasy but figured it was just hot and had been a long day. Once we started leaving, Harper complained her tummy hurt, and having experienced her history of vomiting in the car, I shoved our makeshift trash bag on to her and told her to use that if she needed to throw up. She said no and eventually dozed off after having a few salty crackers to help settle her stomach. No sooner had Jon realized he had missed our exit to head north, did we hear Harper in the backseat start to cry again. It was slow motion as I reached back to ensure she had the trash bag back, but I was too late - she was getting sick all over herself for the umpteenth time in the car. *sigh* I guess The Conquistador twice in a row would do that to anyone. Poor girl. Having no way to even make a dent in cleaning her up, we had no choice other than to keep going, and what a fun ride that was! It took her until the next day to feel better, but hopefully the day was fun enough to not make that experience her lasting impression!!



Daffy and Jasper = not a friendly meeting.



Harper and Daddy waaaaaaaay up in the sky.


Jasper, having no idea what's in store for him on the teacups.



Harper and Daddy ready to turn that wheel.



Harper and Jasper on a tandem flight.



He doesn't look it here, but Jasper thought the swings were so much fun!


Jasper's first real taste of ice cream - and enjoying it!


No comments: