Harper

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Jasper

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Thursday, June 30, 2011

In-N-Out

This post is a few weeks late, but it's a momentous occasion that must be celebrated: Texas now has In-N-Out!!!!

By sheer coincidence, I happened to be in the area the day it opened in Frisco. Frisco is about 45 minutes away from our house, and we really only ever are in Frisco because it's where Ikea is. So it really was crazy that I had planned to catch up with a long-time friend from California who was in Frisco that day. I didn't end up actually getting to taste In-N-Out that day though, seeing as how after sitting in the drive thru lane for 45 minute, thinking I was finally getting close -- only to discover I had another TWO HOURS to wait. Yes. Two hours. uhhhhhh... yeah, no thanks.

We did go back that Saturday to try again as a family, but it was still about a two hour wait, so we decided against it again.

FINALLY, a couple weekends later, we ventured over after church. We go to the first service and get out before "lunch" really starts most places. It was perfect! "Only" about a 15 minute wait in line to order, and about 10 minutes to get our food. We got a table outside and I savored every bite of my animal-style grilled cheese. Mmmmmmm.... The only bummer was that Jasper was not feeling the greatest that day, so he was a bit unhappy at times. You can see a lonely tear on his cheek in the picture below as he's eating his french fry.

All-in-all, it was everything I have dreamt it would be in the almost 2 years since I've had it last. Just like California and definitely a taste of home. I can't wait to go back!



Taken on opening day - the line was absolutely incredible.



Thoroughly enjoying his chocolate shake.




No comments: