Harper

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Jasper

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Tuesday, December 21, 2010

Yo Gabba Gabba! Live

Last weekend we surprised Harper by taking her to Yo Gabba Gabba! Live. We bought these tickets 6 months ago, and since we chose to buy these tickets instead of going to see Brad Paisley, we were actually really looking forward to seeing the show. We don't get out much, okay?

Daddy and I bought her a new t-shirt and shoes for the occasion.


We didn't tell her where we were going, just that it was a "surprise". We dropped Jasper off with Nana and Papa and as we got there, she began seeing all sorts of Gabba stuff from the trucks to kids wearing various Gabba gear.

we took the pics below, and I still wasn't sure she knew exactly what was ahead, though she was quite happy to pose.




We rode the escalator and as we got to the top, we saw the huge stage with the logo displayed. At that point, she got even more excited, screamed and yelled "GABBA!!!". It was so cute and as I said before, Jon and I were pretty excited too. Her excitement was definitely contagious.
We sat down and got our DJ Lance glasses, which she gladly wore for pictures.



It was time for the show, and I so wish I could've been inside her head. It was staged just like a regular episode, so DJ Lance came on the screen just like the show. When he popped on to the stage, and the boom box opened to reveal Muno, Toodee, Foofa, Brobee and Plex, she was in total amazement and kept looking to me, then Daddy, the stage, then back at us. I got super cute video of her at the opening, however it was too dark when I started filming so it never got fully focused. darn!
For the majority of the show, she sat in total amazement:
Though she did look away long enough for me to get snap a pic of her smiling.

We didn't have any well-known bands or celebrities for our show. Dallas isn't exactly known for either, so we had some percussion group for the Super Music Friends Show, and they brought out the weird lady who does the Razzle Dazzle dance. That was pretty disappointing, but the rest of the show was so great, it didn't matter.




Harper got a balloon right before intermission and I think that thing is still around here somewhere.


Seeing Harper's reaction and living the experience through her was so much fun. It's something we won't forget for a long time, and I hope we get to go again next time it comes around.

1 comment:

Oliver and Nicole said...

So cute! Harper is so beautiful - great pictures! I'm sure this fun outing with Mommy and Daddy made her feel very special!