Harper

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Jasper

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Monday, October 25, 2010

Arboretum

Last Sunday was my birthday and Daddy decided to take us all on an adventure. We first went to a cute cafe near White Rock Lake in Dallas where we had a really yummy healthy lunch. Everything was so fresh and tasty. We loved it! We then went to the Dallas Arboretum to spend the day checking it out. They were having a fall display with about 10 million pumpkins there. The great thing about the arboretum is that at every turn is a beautiful spot for a picture.

While we were there, we ran into Jon's coworker and our good friends, Wes, Jessica and Mia. The guys promise they didn't know the other was going to be there -- what a coincidence! It was everyone's first time at the arboretum, so we all had a good time exploring and looking around. It was really beautiful and thankfully Harper was in a great mood and loved playing with Mia. One side note: Jasper was really overdue for a meal, so I was desperately scoping out every corner, bench and place to sit so I could nurse. Well, as I said before, literally every spot is a beautiful picture spot, so I had a very difficult time finding somewhere discreet and out of the way! It was annoying at the time, as I didn't want to hold up the whole group, and I felt really bad for Jasper. But now I can just chalk it up to one of those moments that is so short-lived and I'll probably miss soon!

We had a great time and it was a wonderful day to celebrate my birthday!

(Since Daddy didn't tell me where we were going, Mommy couldn't make sure Harper was appropriately dressed in fall clothing to go with the scenery. She was the only girl there dressed for spring! However she loved looking at all the pink flowers, so I guess it was good she coordinated with them.)


Jasper was not too thrilled to be sitting on the pumpkins.







Here she is talking to a squirrel. She was very sweetly waving at it saying "c'mere squirrel!"


No comments: