Harper

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Jasper

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Monday, September 14, 2009

17 months and 12 weeks

It's been so long since I've done a proper update. I've had the best of intentions, but of course things haven't worked out as I have hoped and I usually choose to do housework or go to sleep verrrry early these nights. But here's a quick rundown.

Harper is now 17 months old and such a very good girl. Honestly, we have no idea how we could have been blessed with such a great, wonderful, sweet, silly and hysterical little girl. She amazes us each and every day. She loves to give hugs and kisses, especially to her big pink teddy bear that Poppy got her for Christmas. She waves hi to everyone she sees, and usually ends up asking them for a kiss after about 5 minutes of talking. Ummm, that behavior we're gonna have to work on! She knows many animal sounds and is saying more and more words now. Her latest word she perfected was "baby" which seems very fitting!
We had some friends in town and went to the zoo for the first time!! A better post about that to come. Here's Harper with a zebra.


I'm planning on detailing more of what she's up to in the future, including a big 18 month birthday post.

As for the other baby, we're doing good! I'm now 12 weeks along, which, depending on which doctor you talk to means I'm either in my last week of my first trimester or the first week of my second. I had about 3 weeks of nausea and many weeks of just feeling blah. Hopefully most of the tough part is over now. We're very much looking forward to this baby and really praying for a full term pregnancy this time! My doctor will be monitoring me closely, especially in the third trimester, to make sure my fluid stays at an acceptable level. As of now, he doesn't feel the need for any precautionary measures to be taken. He feels my blood pressure is at an acceptable level and would like me to continue to get moderate exercise like walking so that's what I've been doing. Here is Harper ready to go on one of our long Saturday morning walks.

We've been trying to tell Harper that the baby is in Mommy's tummy but of course that completely confuses her because she thinks the baby lives on the pampers wipes container or in her book. But we're working on it!

More updates soon, I promise!

1 comment:

Tara K said...

I had to giggle about the baby on the Pampers box. For Kamden, all "babies" are his reflection. Congratulations on the end of your first trimester!

Harper, as always, is gorgeous and I'm so happy to see how well she is doing! You are so blessed!