Harper

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Jasper

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Wednesday, August 1, 2012

Day 8 - Friday

This morning I was awakened by Jasper at my bed.  This is nothing unusual -- usually he wakes up at 5:30am every day to have me help him go potty.  However this morning he was whining more than usual and it was so dark (and I was so asleep), I couldn't figure out what was wrong.  He was saying "Shirt, Mommy! Shirt! Help please!"  I HAD to take a picture because 1 - I needed the flash to help me see and 2 - I knew I would want a picture of whatever had happened!  

I was right.  He managed to get his arm all tangled up in his sleeve.  He is hiding his face here because the flash was blinding him.  He was actually laughing about it. 


Harper has such a helpful, tender heart (most of the time) and has really been exhibiting some great mothering tendencies towards Jasper and kids younger than her.  When she's around babies, she just wants to hold, tickle and help them.  It's very sweet.  She has been trying to help Jasper do more things, but he is exerting much independence these days and hardly lets her.  For instance, she likes to try to help him put on his shoes, but he either thinks she's taking them from him or he wants to try to do it himself.  

This morning, however, he finally let her help him get dressed.  And Harper was so excited about it!  I only got a picture of the very end where she was helping adjust his shirt, but he let her help him put it over his head and help get his shorts on the right way and pulled up.  It was so sweet to see him let her to help.  He was willing to let her help with his shoes, but had a little trouble, so I finished the job.  



Friday is Show and Tell Day for Harper and over the summer, they can bring whatever they want (as opposed to the school year where they need to try to bring something related to the curriculum).  Harper was so excited to bring her superhero costume to show all her friends.  When she put hers on, of course Jasper had to wear his!!!  I felt very safe driving to school with two strong superheroes in the car with me!  




We read Daddy's letter after dinner and then opened tonight's present.  Jasper got a Spiderman activity book and Harper got a Princess coloring/activity book.  Jasper was not in the mood for pictures, but Harper was more than happy to show off her gift.  


No comments: