Harper

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Jasper

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Monday, August 10, 2009

We're Official!

Today's the day Harper finally "let go" - literally! She's been walking holding on to our hands for months now, but has never wanted to give it a go alone. She's had her moments of standing still and this past week she even took a few steps to go in between Jon and I. Saturday and Sunday she let go and ventured out for 5 or 6 steps on her own. Well, today she did it! I talked to Jane at lunch time and Harper was walking between her, the coffee table and the two couches being very proud of herself. By the time I arrived to pick her up, I was greeted by a full-fledged walker coming to meet me!

Of course she was more than willing to show Daddy her new skill, and I was more than happy to videotape tons of it. Way to go, Harper!

1 comment:

Jessica and Wesley said...

That's awesome! Great job Harper!